Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mystery Cranksets pt.II: 'The Plot Thickens'



Since even the mighty red bearded blog behemoth from Brooklyn that is John Prolly picked up on this issue, I wanted to continue the epic search for the origins of the mysterious so-called Campy Nuovo Record Copy Cat cranksets appearing on several 2010 fixed gear complete bikes.

So, following the hot tip dropped by my man Chainthug, I navigated to the Origin8 website. But when I searched their 'Classic Sport' line cranksets and chainrings, what did I discover? There were nice pictures of everything else but NO pictures of the Classic Sport ones!

This is starting to look more and more like some kind of a grand conspiracy now...

What's next, H+Son drops a new 'classic track crankset' insipired by the original Sugino Super Mighty cranks or something?


1 comment:

ChainThug said...

origin8 classic chainring:
http://i.ebayimg.com/22/!BcJ692!!mk~$(KGrHqQH-DYEqu0j+H!CBKzPjrI8hg~~_12.JPG