Monday, April 26, 2010

Cinelli X Mash 2010


Let's play a game: how many 'wrongs' you find in that build? And why is it that the Cinelli Mash is probably one of the most hated disliked street fixed gear frameset on the market at the moment?

EDIT.

All right, I guess I need to clarify this a little bit after receiving some reader feedback last night. My point above was NOT to hate on the Cinelli X Mash frameset itself but I've been just wondering why so many of the builds of that frame end up the way they do? I know there are many of you out there who agree with me on this.

Another thing; I'm quite stoked about the rumour of the 2011 model of the frame coming with two different geometries because as someone point out somewhere, if taken far enough the one with steeper geo will probably be getting closer and closer to the venerable Cannondale Track, which the MASH SF boys are known to dig too... 

7 comments:

Luke said...

The only true wrong I can see is the radial rear. Can't mash with that!

What else do you see?

Anonymous said...

straight laced back wheel wouldn't be the best for fixed

Jussi said...

All right, besides the stupid rear wheel lacing and the bare bars there's actually not much wrong with the build, especially if you consider it just as a showroom sample.

Anonymous said...

iminusd wheels are bad quality

Jussi said...

right!

I was gonna also say that those rims were a fail but didn't dare to do that since I'm already been label'd as hater... ;)

Anonymous said...

if the wheels are such bad quality, why you put radial lace at all? I guess its something the engineers (Chinese) know that we don't know

Anonymous said...

It's just meant for show in a store